Monday, December 1, 2008

01 Dec 2008

Surprisingly, time managed to pass pretty fast between my last entry till today. It has been a month or so but I have vague memories of how this time has passed me. Nothing significant has happened. Nothing worth remembering. Yes, little bits and pieces of saccharine sweetness but bringing them up again will render the ache sickeningly unbearable.

My new soul mate now is my tivo. It's ironic to call it my soul mate because that thing simply exists without a soul. A plug into the electricity point and it springs into life. A touch on the "Off" button sentences it to eternal sleep (or at least till I hit the "On" button again). It has been my pal for many nights when sleep refuses to pay me a visit without a single grunt or complaint. The latest entertainment it has gotten me hooked on is Discovery Travel & Living. I simply love this channel on cable. I love to watch the cooking shows. I love the travel documentaries. I love the features they do on tattoos. Makes me want to do all that myself!

I wonder what does it take to be a travel show talk host. They seem to never run out of things to say. They seem to get to travel to all the exotic places that everyone dreamt of going. They seem to be able to savour all the best cuisines all around the world (needless to say they sometimes have to chow down the deadliest gross-sities in this living world). Whatever the world has to offer eh? Isn't that the best job to have ever? Fine food. Free travel. A whole entourage of crew making sure you stay pretty on screen and have the best rest because the next day, you have to look pretty on screen again. Good deal? Sounds like a damn sweet deal to me. Of course the rare locust or larvae which you have to gobble down. But think about it. Imagine the succulent feast you will have tomorrow at the Ritz and the larvae will do down like it's piece of prime foie gras.

The recent happenings in Mumbai came as quite a shock to me (though I secretly wish the terrorists would accidentally shoot some of the people I have unfortunately came to know. Oops. Evil me? So sue me. I don't fucking care. I am pretty sure everyone has seriously hated another person at one point in time of their lives. You think everyone is Mother Theresa? God bless that sweet lady). They killed a young Singaporean who could have accomplished much in her life if those bastards had not taken that bullet at her. She is 28. Same age as me. She is from Methodists' Girl's School. That's within the same vicinity as my school. I did think to myself did I at one point in time ever met her. At a fast food joint? Or we had the same friends and hung out together? At the bus stop waiting for a bus? Bless the poor soul. I hope she will be contented wherever she has gone to. Actually, since I want to die so much, why don't I just fly myself there and let them shoot me? Hmph. I think not. I'd rather they kill the ones I hate then I can continue living happily. Selfish? Who's not? Can the bastards in Mumbai do something right for once?

I need another job. But I can't find one. Each day I open the website to Jobsdb and there's like hundreds and hundreds of job openings available. Every single company seem to be employing. Isn't supposed to some economic crisis now? Anyway it doesn't bother because I NEED A JOB. But no one seems to want me! Even if I'm willing to subject myself to a pay cut. What is this world coming to! I just want to get myself out of this vicious cycle of sales and sales and more SALES! Enough of facing stupid customers all day long. The human race has already proven to me the level of stupidity it is capable of. I do not need to be proven to twice.

These job agencies that claim to help people search for suitable job openings are a complete hoax. I have had first hand encounter with these brainless gits. They don't really care what you are looking for in a job. They only muster all their energy into trying to coax you into thinking that whatever jobs they have at hand is the most suitable for you. Example, me. They called me up and asked what it is that I'm looking for in a job. I said I'm not interested to do sales anymore. I want to do something like back-end support. I don't mind middle-office. And that was all I got to say. "Oh, what is it that you don't like about sales?" "Sales is the way to make more money." "I've got a lot sales vacancies I can put you up for it." "Why don't you try sales again since you've had the experience?" Shut up biatch! I said I don't want to do sales anymore! Do you understand English? I've had enough of these people. Complete waste of my time.

Oh I hate this world. I hate my existence in this world even more. Mumbai, here I come.

No comments: